3 banner

Sunday 2 February 2020

Turtle Love

Hi crafty peeps;

Eeekkkkk I am so excited- my bestie's birthday is coming and for the first time I made her a gift.  I am both excited for her to get it because she loves turtles.... Before we got our bestie tattoos- she got her turtle tattoo....priorities right?  LOL 


I used inspiration from a sketch from Outlawz Challenges.  This is the sketch for you to draw inspiration.



This plaque is a mixed media project.  I started with a wooden plaque and painted gesso all over it as i was not sure if i was going to use paint, collage or tissue paper.....so i started with acrylic paint.  The i added washi tape and some small papers.  I gessoed where i thought the turtle would be hand drawn (inspiration from Pinterest)




I used a pencil to sketch the general layout then started painting and layering many of the colors, including the background.  I liked the white around the turtle- it makes him look cool as a cucumber...lol

Adding brads to the flowers and glueing them down with Golden Matte Medium.  Finally, I used a Stabilo All Pencils to outline and draw in some details.  

I love Helen Keller sayings and decided something positive inspiration as she is at a new job and has moved across the country to be with family.  The back was stapled on and ribbons were tied on to decorate the hanger.  I sure hope this inspires you to create something for someone you care about.  

Happy crafting y'all
Cheers,

1 comment: