3 banner

Saturday 8 February 2020

Stages in Learning to Draw: Shading

Hello Crafty Peeps;

Recently, I have decided to pick up drawing again.  It has been a bit of time since feeling like I wanted to draw so this was a big leap for me.  When I began I searched YouTube for many artists that were efficient yet actually made sense to the average bear artist.  YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHO I FOUND!!!!!  

Karen Campbell is WhO.....she is an amazing Mixed Media Artist, teacher and has her own ART SCHOOL!  Now this is a lady who can teach peeps who want to draw and learn all they can about Mixed Media all in one place.  I highly recommend her in every learning way possible for those areas.  

I have had so much trouble over the years learning shading.  I have not mastered it yet, Karen makes it so much easier to learn and develop a skill.  Without further adieu, this is my first attempt at shading a face in many years.  At least this time I feel that the highlights are present and the proper places have merit.  

I think its important as an artist to look at the things you love about your art rather than ....oh I don't like this or I should have done better at that....probably because there is no one who is perfect; but all the imprefections make art.  


After I finished this one I thought she might look like Hermonie, an older version, perhaps when she is grown up and teaching herself.  

Happy Crafting Y'all
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment