3 banner

Wednesday 12 February 2020

I (LOVE) You More Than Ice Cream

Hello fellow crafty peeps,

Today I am excited to say I was asked to be a Guest Designer for Outlawz.  The challenge I was chosen for the Sunday Songs and Rhymes.  If you haven't tried the challenges at Outlawz I recommend trying them.....the ladies are super nice and the challenges are fun, fun, fun!!!

This card took me longer than I usual as I layered the card to give to my sweet baboo. 



The card began with watercolor paper and I stenciled off the stars and moon with rubber cement.  This stuff is fantastic as its a great mask to keep color off the paper.  I left it overnight to ensure the liquid was completely dry and ready to take watercolors.  I used two shades of blue acrylic with water mixed into it to make it a wash.

As the watercolor background was drying I cut trees out of chipboard and painted them in two shades of green.  Using multiple hues of a color gives the object dimension.  I colored the images from Pollycraft Digital Stamps with Prismacolor and Gamesol.  I love watching the colors blend and make the image seamless. 





I used some red brads to attach the sentiment. A white doily from the dollar store and some stickers and paper to dress up the edges with Echo Park: Yours Truly.

Then using dimensional adhesive I attached the image. 

I wanted to use a spilled Ice cream and couldn't find a digital image that I liked to I simply drew and colored the image myself.  I used the sticker sentiment "sealed with a kiss" from the Echo Park collection and matted it with black cardstock.  I loved the polka dot print in the collection and just had to add it to the written part of the card.  I sure hope you enjoyed this creation and it inspires you to be more crafty. 

Happy Crafting Y'all
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment